Store Associate –Thrift Store & Donation Center
Scheduler/Data Entry Specialist –Thrift Store & Donation Center
Full-time, Regular – Non-exempt
Our Donation Center and Store is open Monday – Friday: 10am-7pm and Saturday from 9am-6:00pm. Team Members work a 40 hour schedule around these hours, with occasional overtime as required.
Primary – Answer phone calls, emails and in store inquiries with a focus on scheduling donation pickups and deliveries. Assist and oversee all donation receipts entered in Gifts In Kind (GIK) database. Help procure donations and/or build relationships with commercial partners.
Secondary – Provides assistance to team members, volunteers and clients in all aspects of the store’s operations, including sorting, pricing, cleaning, stocking, and cash register.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Schedule donation pickups and deliveries following standardized procedures.
- Answer all incoming calls and emails in regards to donations or deliveries. This also includes inquiries via social media.
- Input and oversee all recordable information into the GIK database.
- Input important information in regards to tracking materials not sold by the store, but given to RRM, its clients and 3rd party nonprofit organizations.
- Be in constant communication with our Donation Ambassadors to insure uniformity when working with donors and customers.
- Keep work area neat, clean and organized at all times.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service.
Secondary Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with pricing of items
- Rotate stock and restock empty areas
- Clean warehouse and sales floor
- Display and arrange merchandise on sales floor
- Help customers at our cash registers using our transaction procedures
- Provide general office support
- Receive, unload & sort donations at back of Thrift Store
- Provide receipts to customers
- Separate items according to category (sellable merchandise, recycle, trash, etc.)
Job Skills & Requirements
Raleigh Rescue Mission considers every position one of Christian ministry and every person a vital and valued part of our team. Therefore, it is essential that all employees of RRM have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our Statement of Faith and Core Values and follow our Code of Conduct and Business Ethics.
- High school diploma or GED
- Excellent customer service, organizational and problem solving skills
- 2 years’ experience in warehouse or retail environment preferred
- Bilingual abilities are a plus
- Possess a valid driver’s license, with a clean driving record and the ability to be covered under the organization’s general liability insurance. (Must be at least 21 years of age to drive Mission vehicles.)
- Stand for long periods of time – able to stand for most of each shift.
- Work with a wide variety of people in a diverse population (volunteers, staff, clients, community service workers)
- Work a flexible schedule, including holidays and weekends
- Display a non-judgmental attitude
- Communicate effectively
- Take initiative, identifying areas that need attention
Qualified candidates may apply by emailing a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Scheduler/Data Entry Specialist” in the subject line of the email. All applicants must meet the minimum job qualifications in order to be considered for employment. For more information about our organization, visit www.raleighrescue.org.