Job Title: Toddler/Pre-K Teacher
Reports To: Children’s Advocacy – Program Manager
Team: Children’s Advocacy Ministry
Job Status: Full-time, regular – Non-Exempt, Essential Staff
Hours: Opening 1 – AM Shift: Mon-Fri 6:00am-2:30pm (with 30 minute break) Opening 2 – PM Shift: Mon-Fri 12:30p-9:00p (with 30 minute break)
Job Summary: The Toddler/Pre-K Teacher advocates and ministers to children ages 18 months to 5 years old in the Children’s New Life Plan. This person cares for and enriches the lives of toddlers and preschoolers by implementing life-changing curriculum that supports physical, spiritual, emotional, educational, and behavioral growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model and live out the overall Vision, Mission, and Core Values of the organization
- Provide a safe, clean, and nurturing environment for all toddlers and preschoolers, ages 18 months to 5 years old, by following best practice guidelines
- Prepare snacks, set up for lunch and clean areas thoroughly to ensure safety of children
- Create appropriate weekly plans for toddlers and preschoolers, to ensure developmental progress, to be approved by Team Lead
- Implement weekly plans at the highest quality level, guiding toddlers and preschoolers through education/development focused activities
- Be the primary caregiver for up to five toddlers/preschoolers in a classroom; Track individual child’s progress, diaper changes, feedings, etc.
- Communicate effectively with Parents through conferences and daily interaction, updating and including them on child’s goals and developmental progress
- Identify toddler/preschoolers potential needs and communicate to Parent and Program Manager
- Communicate effectively with Children’s Advocacy Team and entire Raleigh Rescue Mission staff
- Update and maintain child information records in SPERO
- Create and implement special events, to be approved by Program Manager including holiday parties, field trips, etc.
- Welcome volunteers and assist, as needed, to ensure a positive volunteer experience
- Participate in weekly team meetings and ongoing trainings
- Available outside of work hours, as needed
- Transport children to and from special appointments, as needed
- Ability to step in for any aspect of the Children’s New Life Program at any time, as needed
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and the employee’s skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills and Requirements:
Raleigh Rescue Mission considers every position one of Christian ministry and every person a valued and vital part of our team. Therefore it is essential that all employees of the Mission have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our Statement of Faith and Core Values.
- Desire to serve the Lord in ministry and share/cultivate His Love with others
- Exceptional communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to make safe and appropriate judgment calls without supervision
- Passion for working with babies and toddlers (ages 0-18 months)
- Excellent organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills
- GED and higher education in field related to child development or family studies
- Minimum 3 years working with children or families
- Ability to lift items of at least 30lbs weight
- Experience working with children in poverty and children in wealth, preferred
- Valid NC driver’s license
- Before hire: Qualifying Letter/TB Test/CPR/First Aid/NCID
- After hire: Emergency Info/Medical Report/Health Questionnaire/Prosolutions