Children’s Program Coordinator
Schedule: Mon – Fri 12:30-9 pm or Sun-Thur 12:30-9 pm
Job Summary: Ensures childcare for all morning and evening activities, creates a wow experience for volunteers, collaborates with team members to coordinate children’s programs and activities. Serves as liaison between clients and their children, program staff, volunteers, other Ministry areas and outside partners to ensure safe and adequate childcare.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Meets weekly (or daily if needed) with RRM ministry areas to determine children’s program needs and communicates to Volunteer and Children’s Advocacy Director. This includes Dir. Women & Children’s Ministries, Children’s Advocacy Director, Director of Volunteers, HR, Facilities Director, Leadership Team and any other applicable RRM team members.
- Maintains and updates master children’s activities spreadsheet daily and notifies all parties of changes. Utilizes time when children are settled for computer-related tasks.
- Uses all forms of communication (email, text, face to face) to check in/respond to any child care needs and/or changes. Maintains communication between WCPSS, transportation providers, and others who play a role in children’s activities.
- Is present before, during and after activity/class to make sure things run smoothly (get kids if not in place, make sure kids get picked up at right time, use walkie to communicate between childcare team, Sylvan/other partners, volunteers and programs team).
- Help if child care needs supplies, first aid/diapers, unlocking doors, etc.
- Proactively anticipates and resolves challenges and communicates with everyone involved.
- Communicates daily with parents and Client Support Specialists to ensure children are in place prior to morning and evening activities (children’s activities, before and after school care, and client activities). Notifies moms and their CSS on duty that day with children’s names, class/activity, time and location of activity.
- Greets children, volunteers and childcare team and escorts them to the appropriate areas for childcare.
- Trains and encourages new children’s team members, contractors and volunteers.
- Collects required paperwork for new childcare contractors. Gathers hours and distributes invoices for all childcare providers to appropriate supervisor for approval and submission to accounts payable.
- Ensures adequate child/adult ratio.
- Serves as an ambassador for RRM and remains accessible to respond to any challenges or issues during activities.
- Supports and follows Raleigh Rescue Mission’s policies and procedures; complies with confidentiality policies.
- Maintains professional relationships with clients, team members, volunteers, community partners and contractors.
- Maintains confidential client records. Notifies children’s team and Client Support Specialists of any issues needing their attention.
- Serves as backup childcare provider when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and the employee’s skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills and Requirements:
Raleigh Rescue Mission considers every position one of Christian ministry and every person a valued and vital part of our team. Therefore it is essential that all employees of the Mission have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, belong to a body of believers, subscribe to our Statement of Faith and adhere to our Core Values and Code of Business Conduct and Ethics (visit www.raleighrescue.org for details).
- High School diploma or GED equivalency
- 1+ years professional experience working with children and families
- Genuine desire to assist parents and children who have experienced trauma
- Demonstrated crisis management and problem solving skills
- Flexibility to cover weekends, holidays, other shifts when needed
- Excellent written, verbal and communication skills
- Valid NC driver’s license
- Certifications in CPR & First-Aid as well as playground safety.
- Demonstrated skills with relevant computer applications such as MS Office. Knowledge of Spero or HMIS applications a plus
- Ability to represent RRM professionally, positively and effectively in a variety of settings
- Ability to work independently and effectively with parents, RRM team members, volunteers and outside partners
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries with clients, staff, volunteers and outside partners
- Ability to work effectively with and represent the diverse populations served
Qualified candidates may apply by emailing a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please reference “Children’s Program Coordinator” in the subject line of the email. All applicants must meet the minimum job qualifications in order to be considered for employment. For more information about our organization, visit www.raleighrescue.org.