Children’s Advocate Program Manager
Job Status: Full-time, regular – Exempt, Essential Staff
Hours: Salaried, with hours varying weekly. Children’s Advocacy team member are working 6:00 am to 9:00 pm Monday- Friday
Job Summary: The Children’s Advocate Program Manager oversees the daily operations of the Children’s Advocacy program and manages / ministers to the team of Children’ Advocates, to ensure they are providing the best quality of care for children ages 0-18 in the program. The ideal individual for this role understands best practices when it comes to safety and operations of children’s facilities, loves to coach and develop others, and has experience working with parent/child relationships as it relates to varying social work needs.
The Program Manager often works in the office on staff coaching and development, developing partnerships, and administrative tasks while team members work with the children to implement the program. However, the manager is expected to be actively involved in direct care of the children whenever possible.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model and live out the overall Vision, Mission, and Core Values of the organization
- Communicate effectively within Children’s Advocacy Ministry team and entire Raleigh Rescue Mission staff
- Directly manage and minister to 10-12 full-time team members and 3-5 part-time team members.
- Lead daily team huddles, coordinate daily devotions, and regularly check-in with individual team members.
- Review and approve weekly lesson plans.
- Train, coach, and motivate members of the Children’s Advocacy team.
- Evaluate team member performance and hold team members accountable to providing the best quality care to the children in the program.
- Provide the staff members with professional development and coaching on best practices for working with children.
- Own the daily schedule for the children in the New Life Plan, ensuring it stimulates and educates the children at a level appropriate to their age from 6:00am to 9:00pm.
- Engage strategic partners, working with them to develop programs that benefit the children, support the staff, and invite the community to be involved at the Mission.
- Develop and manage a consistent and reasonable plan for dealing with child disciplinary issue and emergencies regarding child or facility safety.
- Ensure that the facility is a safe, clean, and structured environment for all students, ages 0-18, that follows best practice guidelines.
- Ensure that balanced and nutritious snacks and meal plans are provided to children at the appropriate times.
- Welcome volunteers and assist, as needed, to ensure a positive volunteer experience. Provide tours to potential volunteers and communicate the key needs and opportunities where they could encourage the children and support the staff.
- Communicate with parents, educating them on the benefits of our program and setting expectations.
- Some children in the New Life Program may display signs of developmental problems or family issues. In some instances, the manager may need to intervene to ensure that a developmental problem is properly dealt with or that a child is protected from harm. This may involve contacting a social worker or CPS, depending on the circumstances.
- Parents, staff, and volunteers must feel that they can approach managers freely with any issues that may come up.
- Ability to step in for any aspect of the Children’s New Life Program at any time, as needed.
- Track the Children’s Program budge and manage purchasing anything needed by the facility such as new equipment or supplies.
- Manage recordkeeping; update and maintain student information records in SPERO, our online data management system.
- Conscientious about issues such as the proper handling of funds and the privacy rights of clients.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and the employee’s skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills and Requirements:
Raleigh Rescue Mission considers every position one of Christian ministry and every person a valued and vital part of our team. Therefore it is essential that all employees of the Mission have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our Statement of Faith and Core Values.
- Desire to serve the Lord in ministry and share/cultivate His Love with others
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to make safe and appropriate judgement calls without supervision
- Excellent organizational, administrative, planning, and time management skills
- BSW or bachelor level degree (or higher) related to child development and/or family interventions
- Minimum 3 years managing a children’s program
- Minimum 3 year managing a team of individuals
- Experience working with children in poverty and children in wealth
- Ability to lift items of at least 30lbs weight
- Valid NC driver’s license
- Before hire: Qualifying Letter/TB Test/CPR/First Aid/NCID
- After hire: Emergency Info/Medical Report/Health Questionnaire/Prosolutions