Job Title: Kitchen Manager
Supervises: Full-time Staff, Part-time Staff, Volunteers and Clients
Job Status: Full-time, regular – Exempt, Essential Staff
Hours: Hours vary weekly; 40 hours per week with occasional overtime
The Kitchen Manager oversees the daily operations of the Mission’s kitchen and manages, ministers, and supports the team, to ensure they are providing the best quality of food, customer service, and vocational training. The ideal individual for this role understands best practices when it comes to the food service industry, safety and operations of a kitchen, loves to coach and develop others, and has experience working with a diverse group of experience levels.
The Kitchen Manager is a hands-on leader who coaches and develops staff, creates and maintains outside partnerships, engages volunteers and clients, and performs required administrative tasks. The manager is expected to be actively involved in direct operations of the kitchen whenever possible.
Job Skills and Requirements:
Raleigh Rescue Mission considers every position one of Christian ministry and every person a valued and vital part of our team. Therefore it is essential that all employees of the Mission have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our Statement of Faith and Core Values.
- Desire to serve the Lord in ministry and share/cultivate His Love with others
- Professional culinary training or experience working in the food industry
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to make safe and appropriate judgement calls without supervision
- Excellent organizational, administrative, planning, and time management skills
- Minimum 3 year managing a team of individuals
- Ability to lift items of at least 30lbs weight
- Valid NC driver’s license