Adult Client - Program Manager
Adult Client – Program Manager
Job Title: Adult Clients’ Program Manager
Team: Client Services
Reports To: Director of Client Services
Supervises: 22-24 Full-time Staff, 3-5 Part-time Staff
Job Status: Full-time, regular – Exempt, Essential Staff
Hours: Salaried, with hours varying weekly
Client Support Specialist team members are working 24/7
Job Summary: The Adult Client Program Manager oversees the daily schedule of the adult clients program and manages / ministers to the team of client support specialists, to ensure they are providing the best quality of care for the clients in the program. The ideal individual for this role loves to coach and develop others, is highly organized and flexible, and has experience working with individuals as it relates to varying social work needs.
The Program Manager often works in the office on staff coaching and development, developing partnerships, and administrative tasks while team members work with the clients to implement the program. However, the manager is expected to be actively involved in direct care of the clients whenever possible.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Model and live out the overall Vision, Mission, and Core Values of the organization
- Communicate effectively within the Client Support Specialist team and entire Raleigh Rescue Mission staff
- Directly manage and minister to 24 full-time team members and 3-5 part-time team members.
- Lead daily team huddles, coordinate daily devotions, and regularly check-in with individual team members.
- Train, coach, and motivate members of the Client Support Specialist team.
- Evaluate team member performance and hold team members accountable to providing the best quality care to the children in the program.
- Provide the staff members with professional development and coaching on best practices.
- Own the daily schedule for the clients in the New Life Plan.
- Engage strategic partners, working with them to develop programs that benefit the clients, support the staff, and invite the community to be involved at the Mission.
- Develop and manage a consistent and reasonable plan for dealing with client disciplinary issue and emergencies regarding clients or facility safety.
- Welcome volunteers and assist, as needed, to ensure a positive volunteer experience. Provide tours to potential volunteers and communicate the key needs and opportunities where they could encourage the children and support the staff.
- Communicate with clients, educating them on the benefits of our program and setting expectations.
- Some children in the New Life Program may display signs of developmental problems or family issues. In some instances, the manager may need to intervene to ensure that a developmental problem is properly dealt with or that a child is protected from harm. This may involve contacting a social worker or CPS, depending on the circumstances.
- Clients, staff, and volunteers must feel that they can approach managers freely with any issues that may come up.
- Ability to step in for any aspect of the New Life Program at any time, as needed.
- Track the Adult Program budget and manage purchasing anything needed such as new equipment or supplies.
- Manage recordkeeping; update and maintain client information records in SPERO, our online data management system.
- Manage and approve employee timecards.
- Conscientious about issues such as the proper handling of funds and the privacy rights of clients.
These duties are not exclusive and with consideration of the job requirements and the employee’s skills, this job description can be added to or taken away from at the discretion of the employee’s immediate supervisor.
Job Skills and Requirements:
Raleigh Rescue Mission considers every position one of Christian ministry and every person a valued and vital part of our team. Therefore it is essential that all employees of the Mission have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ and subscribe to our Statement of Faith and Core Values.
- Desire to serve the Lord in ministry and share/cultivate His Love with others
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Ability to make safe and appropriate judgement calls without supervision
- Excellent organizational, administrative, planning, and time management skills
- BSW or bachelor level degree (or higher) related to social work or divinity
- Minimum 5 years working with individuals with substance abuse, mental health needs, and/or experiencing homelessness
- Minimum 4 years managing and leading a team of individuals
- Ability to lift items of at least 30lbs weight
- Valid NC driver’s license
- CPR/First Aid certified