Mother’s Day Gifts, STEAM Books and Summer Camp Plans
May 20, 2021
The children at Raleigh Rescue Mission are adjusting, learning, and loved!
- In May, several activities centered around Mother’s Day as both older and younger children made cards and surprises for their moms.
- School aged children continue to be blessed with tutoring provided by Triangle Literacy Council! The kids will go on site to their schools for End of Grade (EOG) testing.
- We are so grateful to the Wake Forest Woman’s Club Education and Libraries committee, who applied for and received a Sam’s Club community grant for STEAM books purchased from Page 158 Bookstore in Wake Forest. Committee members wrapped and arranged delivery of the books to the children at the Mission, who received them with much enthusiasm! (If you’re not familiar, STEAM educational fields are the areas of science, technology, engineering, the arts, and mathematics and STEM fields denote science, technology, engineering and mathematics.)
- The kids will participate in educational summer camps, along with fun activities at the YMCA. We’ll also be trying out a virtual camp called The Wakaboomee Program .
- As we prepare to welcome four new kids into the Children’s Development Center, we’re excited that one of our moms has progressed to Phase 4 in the New Life Plan and will be moving into permanent housing with her child. Congratulations!
“At that time the disciples came to Jesus, saying, ‘Who is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven?’ And calling to him a child, he put him in the midst of them and said, ‘Truly, I say to you, unless you turn and become like children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.’ ” Matthew 18: 1-3