One of our core values at Raleigh Rescue Mission is prayer: we pray expectantly because it changes things.
To celebrate and honor Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Raleigh Rescue Mission will make Martin Luther King, Jr. Day our annual Day of Prayer. It is evident that God placed Dr. King and all the many others of the Civil Rights Movement exactly where He wanted them to be to effect monumental and ongoing change in our country. He was a man of great faith who prayed earnestly and with conviction that God would answer his prayers.
We want MLK, Jr. Day to be a day of remembrance and a day to focus on God’s will for the Mission and our community in the new year. Through our service to our clients, we are carrying out a small part of Dr. King’s dream of justice for everyone, and we want to ensure that all our decisions are based on His guidance and wisdom.
From the comfort of your own location, please join us for this day of prayer.
On this day, January 16th, we invite you and others to join us in a dedicated time of prayer for 15 minutes between 7 a.m. – 7 p.m. A list of prayer topics is below if you need specific suggestions.
- Wisdom and discernment for our staff and leadership team
- Continued blessings for and from our donors throughout the year
- Transformation and healing for our clients
- Health for our clients, staff, and their families
- Jobs that pay a livable wage for our clients
- Clients’ acceptance of Christ in their lives
- Increased number of volunteers, specifically job mentors
- Unity among clients as they live in a communal environment
- Grace for one another as we continually grow and inevitably make mistakes
- Unconditional love for everyone, especially individuals who are not like us and those who might not present themselves in a loving way
- Racial, educational, and economic equity in our community
- Introspection, personal responsibility, and accountability for our staff, clients, and community at large
You can complete the online form below or print out this downloadable form to tell us who you are, what you prayed for during this special day, and send us a note of encouragement that we can share with our staff and clients. Please mail the printed and completed form to:
Carla Tuttle, Raleigh Rescue Mission
314 E. Hargett St.
Raleigh, NC 27601