Urgent and Ongoing Needs
Please bring your donations from the urgent or ongoing needs list directly to Raleigh Rescue Mission’s main location at 314 E. Hargett Street, Raleigh, Monday-Saturday, 9am-5pm. For questions about our urgent or ongoing needs, please contact Holly Cook, volunteer ministry director, by email or at 919.828.9014, ext. 126.
We often find ourselves in short supply of certain items used by our clients or to maintain our building. Your donations of these urgently needed items enable us to focus our resources on providing life-changing services to the men, women and children we serve. The urgent needs list below is often seasonal and is updated on a regular basis.
Our most urgent needs currently include the following:
- Men’s thermal underwear — tops and bottoms (sizes S, M, L, XL and 2XL)
- Special creams/lotions for eczema and psoriasis relief (e.g., Aveeno Eczema Therapy, Eucerin Exzema Relief)
- Alcohol-free cough syrup
- Mucinex tablets
- No-spill sippy cups
- New standard-size pillowcases
- New or very gently used towels and washcloths
- Battery-operated alarm clocks
- Adult winter coats (sizes L and up)
- Insulated adult gloves
- Fleece or microfiber full-size blankets
- Giant-print NIV Bibles
Other items that we need throughout the year include the following:
- USB drives (4GB and up)
- Men’s and women’s underwear (new only)
- Men’s and women’s socks (new only)
- AA and AAA batteries
- Ethnic hair products (men’s and women’s)
- Hair brushes and combs (new only)
- Body lotion and body powder for adults
- Men’s full-size deodorant
- Travel size toothpaste, deodorant and lotion
- Toilet paper
- Coffee and tea
- Sugar and creamer
- Cooking oil
- Canned vegetables, beans and fruit
- Pork, beef, turkey, chicken and ham
- Breakfast meats (bacon, sausage)
- NIV Study Bibles
- Gift cards to Wal-Mart, Sam’s Club, OfficeMax and other discount stores
Please view our accepted donations list for more information about items we accept at the RRM Store and Donation Center.
Don’t have time to collect items?
Your financial donation will be used right away to provide what’s needed most.
I would like to thank those people who donate and give people like myself a chance to get back into society. Thanks for believing in me and realizing that there is good underneath what you see.
William, former Mission client