You Can Give Non-Cash Assets to RRM
Do you know you can make significant contributions to Raleigh Rescue Mission and the homeless we serve when you donate non-cash assets? About 90% of America’s wealth is in our “stuff”—items that can be turned into cash for our favorite charities! In partnership with The Christian Foundation of the Triangle (CFT), Raleigh Rescue Mission can accept a broad variety of non-cash gifts and help you develop giving strategies that avoid taxes, provide greater tax deductions and maximize giving. Non-cash gifts accepted by Raleigh Rescue Mission:
- RVs, boats, airplanes
- Musical instruments
- Gold, Silver and Jewelry
- Antiques and Collectibles
- Overstock Furniture and Estate Furniture
- Real Estate Property—undeveloped land, houses, other buildings. Click here for more information on donating real estate.
- Business Interests—ownership in closely-held businesses, limited partnerships, limited liability companies and sub-chapter S corporations. Click here for more information on donating Business Interests.
- Stock, bonds and mutual funds
For more information about non-cash gifts, contact director of fundraising and agency relations, Richard Fitzgerald at 919.828.9014, Ext. 103 or email@example.com.
RRM reserves the right not to accept individual gifts based on their condition and congruity with the Mission’s values. For non-cash items where CFT will help RRM, approval of items is at the discretion of CFT.
Donating Your Non-Cash Assets
As you evaluate your assets, your needs and your desire to serve the Kingdom, you may realize just how much you have to give through non-cash gifts! In many cases, you are better off donating an item than selling it! Here’s why:
- Your unused, unwanted items provide the Mission with funds to continue our programs and services for the homeless.
- By giving an appreciated asset, you avoid capital gains tax on the sale and receive a higher tax deduction. Click here for more information.
- For most non-cash assets, you receive a tax deduction based on the fair market value of your gift.
- When donating boats, RVs and airplanes you receive a tax deduction based on the sale, which saves you on personal property tax.
- Click here to see your savings by giving an asset before you sell.
You Can Give Confidently to Raleigh Rescue Mission
- Raleigh Rescue Mission is among the top twenty-five percent of organizations to receive a 4-star rating with Charity Navigator for its ability to efficiently manage and grow its finances.
- The Mission is a Certified Member of Excellence of the Association of Gospel Rescue Missions. The AGRM sets the standard for more than 300 member missions across America and overseas.
- The Mission is a member in good standing of the Evangelical Council for Financial Accountability. Organizations belonging to the ECFA must conform to practices that insure your gifts are used in a way that honors God and protects our financial partners.
- The Christian Foundation of the Triangle is one of a nationwide network of local Christian foundations affiliated with The National Christian Foundation. The mission of CFT is to enable faithful stewards to give wisely to further the Gospel of Jesus Christ.